I was tagged by the wonderful telescopical to do the five facts thing, and who doesn’t like facts? So here are five facts:
1) I moved around a lot growing up. My parents were nomadic linguistics professors-for-hire(sadly not a cover for more exciting lives as international spies). I’ve lived in Indonesia, Germany, Michigan, Brunei, and Singapore. I moved to the SF Bay Area for college and have stayed here ever since.
2) I have a love for Scotland that manifests in weird ways. pandasize and I went there for our honeymoon and it was pretty much the awesomest place ever, and since then I’ve been like “this thing is tangentially related to Scotland? Well, then I will probably love it!” Like in the latest season of The Ultimate Fighter, I didn’t know much about the fighters except for maybe like 3 of the girls, but then Joanne Calderwood shows up and starts talking in her Scottish accent and panda and I were like “welp, looks like we got someone else to root for.”
3) I was blessed(?) with a jolly face and disposition. I guess I’m always kinda smiling when I’m walking around? I don’t know, but I get “What are you so happy about?” and “are you EVER sad!?” a lot. It was super helpful when my IT job was more customer facing though, cause then all the old people I dealt with were like “you’re so nice to work with, all those other IT people are so grouchy!” and I’m like “OK, thanks?” but then they bake me cookies and I’m like “cool.”
4) The name Gentleman Krogan and the profile pic is from one of my tabletop RPG characters, Dr. Urb — a Krogan who torn between his dream to go to medical school and his love of hitting things. My friends and I weren’t content with the nerdiness of playing Dungeons and Dragons so we decided to re-tool the old Star Wars Saga d20 ruleset into the Mass Effect universe and play a game, and that was my character.
5) Today is cheat day, and I’m gonna eat nachos and drink bubble tea. I’m pretty excited.
And now for tags:
Feel free to ignore this if you’ve done this (or if you just want to ignore this), but if not, share 5 facts about yourself and pass it on. =)
Tanah Lot? Stunning place and magic sunsets!
Yup! Good eye. Such a beautiful place and yeah, my queue can confirm that it’s a great place for sunset photos. =)